Monday, April 14, 2008

My God Is A Great Big God

Malawi:
So this morning I was journaling about my trip. I was praying that if this trip is the Lord's will, that it's the Lord's bill. This afternoon, I was on the phone with a friend, and my mom comes upstairs. She hands me an envelope from my grandparents. I open it, and find a check for 500 dollars inside. I then spent about ten minutes yelling into the phone and dancing around the room. God is SO cool. :]

So SHOT DAY was today. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The Lord blessed me with the two SWEETEST ladies to give me my shots. We talked about my trip, and college, and art, and boys. All my favorite subjects. :] Sadly, my left arm is super sore. Oh, I'll deal. It's going to be totally worth it!

Amberly Moment: When I was asked where I was going on my mission trip, I replied with "Malaria."

For those of us keeping score at home, I'm going to Malawi, not malaria.
In my defense, this was AFTER 5 shots and 2 lectures about not drinking tap water.
(Plus a particulary difficult day at school.)

Found out today (THANK YOU FACEBOOK!) that Brooklyn and Abbey are going to Uganda. I am SO excited for them, but I wish I could tag along! I for sure have my sights set on a Projekt Hero shirt. :]

PROM COUNTDOWN: 13 days
MALAWI COUNTDOWN: 47 days!!
Senior Year: 18 class days!

No comments: